- Cat's Pajamas (The), 12559 Pulver Road, Anacortes, WA 98223, USA
- Sponsored links
- (360) 707-5300, (800) 827-2287
- 360-707-5400, 360-707-5401
What we do
- Develop and sell software tools for publishers, distributors, and fulfillment services
- Craft tools that fit specific business needs
- Provide services to help a client have continuing success using our tools
- Innovate to ensure that our tools stay current
As the prosaic words like “tools” imply, we are not overly fond of the hype and ornamental verbiage that the software industry wallows in.
What we are
- Experienced in publishing
Six out of seven principal staff formerly held jobs with titles of General Manager, Director of Marketing, Fulfillment Manager, Director of Publications or Business Manager.
Cat's Pajamas has virtually no turnover. Our clients can rely on continuity working with people who know them.
- Using our system to solve problems
We have the experience and knowledge that comes with over 250 installations. We do much more than simply ship out programs—we seek to identify, analyze, and implement the best solutions to business problems.
What makes us different?
- Unconventional approach
We have no separate sales function. All of the senior people at Cat's Pajamas participate in sales dialogs. We seek to analyze a prospective client’s needs and assess things as if we were independent consultants. Sales dialogs tend to originate from client referrals.
- Bottom-line results
We rate an installation successful if productivity goes up and our clients are sated with marketing and sales information. We coordinate and assist with requirements definition. We provide extensive training. We work closely with our clients to re-vamp workflow and procedures. We even occasionally suggest changes to policy.
- Diverse base of publisher clients
There are significant differences between a trade publisher, a religious organization, a distribution service, a government agency, an educational publisher, an academic publisher, a business organization, a medical organization, and on and on. From small publishers to clients with sales exceeding $20M/year—one over $140M—our system delivers substantial performance and power.